Transformation in Churches
As couples in churches begin to understand and walk in the power of marriage covenant;
- marriages become more stable
- divorce is no longer an option
- children grow and mature in homes secure in covenant faithfulness
- counseling loads diminish
- outreach and ministry increase as couples with vision and purpose desire to fulfill God’s mission for them
- homes filled with peace and power reach out to neighbourhoods and the community
What we ask of pastors…
- Faith that God can work in the very worst marriage and family situations.
- A willingness to release couples to fulfill their vision and mission.
All of our materials are taught by trained and certified 2=1 Group Leaders from many denominations.
We can train couples in your church.
“As marriages grow strong, families grow strong. As families grow strong, a nation changes".
Mike and Marilyn Phillipps
The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His incarnation, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
The blood of Jesus is the only cleansing for sin and salvation is found only through repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Jesus Christ is our Savior, Lord, Deliverer, Baptizer, and Healer and all aspects of His ministry are available to the Church today.
The Baptism or Infilling of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is available today to all believers who ask for it.
In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
In the resurrection of both the saved to everlasting life and the lost to eternal damnation.
The values upon which 2=1 is based
- The truth of God’s Word leads people to the One who is Truth
- Our goal is to deepen people’s relationship with Jesus, not make them dependent upon us
- See people and situations as Jesus does, through eyes of faith
- After believers are born-again, there is a second, distinct experience in which the Holy Spirit empowers believers (Acts 1:8)
- The power of the Holy Spirit changes the believer from within (Fruit of the Spirit) and flows out through the believer (Gifts of the Spirit)
- Lasting change comes spiritually, not intellectually.
- Marriage between a man and a woman reflects the covenant relationship between Jesus and the Church
- Each covenant partner agrees to be faithful no matter what the other one does
- Faithfulness is unconditional
- The covenant is until death
- God intends for family to produce healthy sons and daughters in the image of their Father
- All aspects of family life flow from and relate back to the marriage covenant
- Addressing family issues must include developing a healthy marriage
- Discipling is more than disseminating information
- Discipling includes training, modeling and accountability– modeling is a transparent demonstration of process rather than perfection in the lives of the disciplers
- Discipling is based in relationship
- We are all to bear fruit and multiply
- Our role in the earth is to give to others what God gives to us
- Although gifts and talents of people vary, others must be able to duplicate each model produced
- Everyone who ministers in 2=1 should be making disciples at the same time
- Both husband and wife are equally called of God
- Each spouse needs to respect, honor, and nurture the gifts and talents of the other
- Couples need to be taught how to blend their gifts and talents to equip them in the synergism of a one-flesh team
- We are responsible to seek out those who will disciple us in our call
- Marriage and family reflect God’s relationship to His Church
- 2=1 leaders are ordinary couples demonstrating the power of God in our homes, jobs, and lives
- We are to teach couples how to reach their neighborhoods, communities, and other spheres of influence
- Decisions and actions of one generation affect successive ones
- One generation has the power in Jesus to stop generational curses
- One generation has the ability to perpetuate blessings generationally
- Christians must think and plan generationally
- We have an objective and a mission
- We need to honor spiritual authority to be in spiritual authority
- We need to recognize and honor the different roles of those serving in the army
- We must be dedicated to fighting until we see victory manifested
- We are not individual soldiers who get to pick and choose with whom, when and where we will serve